Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
Are you a talented Chef or Training Chef with exceptional people skills, eager to pass on your knowledge, skills, experience, and passion to a new generation of chefs? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
About the role: Training and development are at the core of the companies values, and ethos.
This role is crucial for the training, development, recruitment, and retention of kitchen teams.
Reporting to the Group Training and Development Manager and the General Manager, and Company Director, this position holds a strategic role within the organisation.
- Work with the Group Training and Development Manager to create the Chef Training and Development Strategy and lead its implementation.
- Deliver training courses and content for all levels of kitchen personnel.
- Mentor trainee apprentices, acting as the key point of contact for the apprenticeship provider, training consultants, and trainees.
- Manage training outcomes through the appraisal and coffee chat annual process, planning and executing through a training calendar.
- Support the onboarding of new staff, ensuring all processes are followed.
- Implement a new process for the induction and training of agency, temp, and work experience staff.
- Maintain and develop relationships with educational bodies to drive hospitality as a career choice.
- Collaborate with Head Chefs and kitchen personnel to implement and maintain an internal calendar of competitions and awards.
- Seek opportunities for The Hotel Folk to have a presence at local shows, events, and competitions.
- Support and train all kitchen personnel to ensure a safe, positive, and professional working environment.
- Complete ad-hoc quarterly kitchen audits with the Health and Safety Administrator.
- Work with Head Chefs to ensure new food trends, cooking methods, and kitchen management remain at the forefront.
- Influence and impact staff across all kitchens, taking a proactive hands-on approach.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator, passionate about people, food, and culinary excellence.
- Proven experience in Training and Development within a kitchen brigade.
- Operational experience as a Head Chef managing a kitchen team in a hotel, restaurant, or hospitality sector.
- Passion for high quality and culinary excellence.
- Successful completion of a training manager role in another organization for more than a full working year.
- GCSE or equivalent – Maths and English.
- Food Safety L3.
- Relevant training qualification i.e., CIPD L5 in Learning and Development.
- Comprehensive understanding of current Food Safety practices and legislation.
- IT literate – able to use Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint effectively.
- Confidence in engagement.
- Coaching/Mentoring and Group Training Techniques qualifications are beneficial.
- Experience of curating and delivering training for up to and including management level.
- Able to deliver/facilitate engaging training sessions to groups of employees.
- Work to prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to strategically manage an annual training program.
- Self-motivation, optimism, integrity, patience, enthusiasm, with an easy-going manner.
- Able to travel within Suffolk to all hotels.
- Flexible working pattern of 5 days out of 7, with varying shifts.
- Available to work bank holidays if necessary.