Our client, a prestigious and academic institution based in OX2, has an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Receptionist.
In this varied role, you will be joining the academic administrative support team and provide vital support to the institution.
The successful candidate will be have some prior experience in an administrative role, ideally have reception experience and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will be a friendly and enthusiastic person. The role is broken into three areas of duties:
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Dealing with personal, telephone and email enquiries; taking and passing on accurate messages, being quick and efficient in transferring calls to the relevant colleagues and generally ensuring an efficient and friendly manner;
- Responding to parent and Guardian queries regarding our pupils;
- Liaising with Form teachers and boarding staff to provide pastoral support for students;
- Helping Students with other administrative matters such as arranging appointments and transport arrangements;
- Overseeing the day to day use of access control cards for students;
- Using Outlook calendars to book rooms and review appointments and manage the bookings for events and visits.
Administrative Support for Staff
- Ensure that current student records are accurately maintained and updated using the School's management information system and ensure subject and timetable information is correct;
- Providing administrative support for staff, including document preparation; photocopying; printing; information collection, coordination and distribution and report creating;
- Manage set up and arrangement for student events and activities, for example: trips, Parents Evenings, careers and further education events, start and end of term;
- Managing stock of stationery and other consumables used in the day to day life of the School;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, deliveries and couriers;
- Oversee staff and student common areas and meeting rooms, ensuring spaces are well kept and visitor friendly and notice boards are up to date;
- Monitor and record pupil attendance; follow up on absences and compile absence reports as required; Assist with the dispatch of student reports; and
- Create tables and reports, mailing lists and other information using the student database.
- Record information of enquiring and enrolling students and their families, agents and guardians.
- Dispatch prospectuses and other literature to prospective families; and
- Support with the administration of taster days and assessments
The successful candidate will join a prestigious and academic institution, well known for its work. You will be entitled to a salary of between £21.5-23.5K dependent on experience and a range of benefits.
These include a generous holiday package, pensions scheme, free lunches, access to medical and counselling services, cycle to work scheme and more.
Please note there is very limited parking, however they are very well connected by frequent and nearby public transport.
If this sounds like a role for you, please click apply, alternatively for more immediate assistance please call Max at Select Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you!