I am looking for a proactive and hard-working department manager to join this stunning garden centre managing the seasonal plants section.
Ideally, you will come from a garden centre retail background however, other busy retail backgrounds will be considered if you have a good understanding & knowledge of gardening.
As Department Manager, you will be responsible for a team, ensuring a superb shopping experience for all customers by ensuring you and your team have the best available knowledge of the products you are offering.
- Experience of working in Garden Centres, although we are open to talking to candidates with previous retail management experience from any horticultural or retail background
- Have an Energetic personality and ability to engage and connect with customers
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards retailing
- Have a good knowledge of gardening
- Able to recognise and act on sales opportunities
- Be meticulous to detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- Be an inspirational leader
- Experience of reports in order to improve performance
- Positive and strong communicator and a skilled motivational people manager
- Experience of Epos system
This role is a service and sales driven role, so you will be able to show a previous excellent sales background, with meticulous attention to detail for stock placement and retail displays.
Due to the nature of this role, you will spend part of your role working outdoors, so this would suit someone who is ok with working in all weathers.
As Department manager, you will have a great analytic mind and be able to analyse daily, weekly and monthly reports, ensuring you are maximising profit and managing any potential losses.
As well as an excellent salary package, and enhanced holidays and benefits package, this role is one where you can really grow and develop, and be integral to the growth of the business.
If this sounds like a role for you, please contact Em Whiting at Norwich Select.