This specialist freight forwarder are a logistics arm of a global food production corporation, and their UK presence continues to develop – with a recent cold storage business acquisition, and as part of a large portfolio of European companies involved in all aspects of the global supply chain.
Busy operations involve the compliant movements of perishables and reefer cargo worldwide.
Due to recent expansion – opportunities exist for senior customs declarant operators and team coordinators – and the roles can accommodate these new team members at various locations: Dover & London Gateway Essex, and Felixstowe
The emphasis is firmly on growth & expansion for this particular arm of the business - so forward thinking people with their goals set on progression would be a welcome addition to this ambitious team. This is a progressive, inclusive company that values it’s staff and creates the environment for employees to learn develop and contribute to success.
The successful applicant will bring a clear and practised understanding of customs declarations. The role will be responsible in assessing the correct tariffs for customs duties, agricultural levies, VAT, etc. Ideally you will have experience of IPR/ OPR entries, as well as CVED/ CHED & import licensing. Senior team coordinators are also sought to lead and guide staff, and ensure cohesion between operational sites.
Minimum 3 years as an Customs import entry clerk:
- Fully conversant with CHIEF, DESTIN8 & CNS
- Fully conversant with the Customs tariff
- Able to classify goods on own and prior experience of applying for non-binding & binding classification (BTI)
- Able to select CPC’s
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Experience of utilising import licences, ideally in the agri sector
- Knowledge of IPAFFS and prior contact with Port Health
- Understanding on the principles of Direct and Indirect representation
- Understanding of IPR and OPR useful but not essential
- Experience in exports (T1 / NCTS) (essential for Team Coordinator role)