The purpose of the HR Advisor is to work as a member of the People Team, providing a professional HR support service to colleagues and Managers in ways which support the development of the organisation and its business objectives. Reporting to the People Director, the role will provide Group support to the People Team, to contribute to the development and implementation of the HR strategy across the entirety of the business.
As HR Advisor your role will be to manage a complex employee relations caseload whilst working in partnership with the HR Advisors and People Business Partners to identify trends, sharing best practice and supporting the development of new policies to continually improve our business practices and develop your own knowledge.
- Advise Managers and staff on the interpretation and application of existing HR policies, processes, and procedures. This includes ensuring that policies are applied fairly and consistently throughout the organisation, and that staff are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Work as part of the People Team to review and maintain HR Policy. This includes keeping policies up to date with best practice, legislation, and regulatory changes.
- Recommend appropriate courses of action in respect of highly complex employee relations issues. This includes disciplinary, grievance, and sickness absence issues.
- Work closely with the HR Advisors and People Business Partners in change management activities. This includes consultations and changes to terms and conditions.
- Support the People Team in a quality checking capacity. This includes ensuring that documentation is consistent, robust, and delivered at a high standard.
- Provide advice and support to Senior Managers. This includes coaching new managers into post and leading by example on people management issues.
- Act as the key point of contact for the delivery of Management training for HR related issues. This includes absence management, disciplinary, and management inductions.
- Work on own initiative and regularly communicate and meet with the team of HR Advisors. This ensures that generalist HR support is provided consistently across the business.
- Provide direct support to the People team, carrying out HR operational administrative work. This includes dealing with correspondence as required.
- Ensure that accurate and current HR records are maintained. This includes maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Undertake projects as required to enhance the HR service provision. This contributes to the continuous improvement of HR policies and processes.
- Identify personal training needs and attend appropriate training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills. This ensures that the HR Advisor is up-to-date on the latest HR trends and best practices.
The experience you'll bring:
- CIPD Level 5 or willing to work towards
- Strong knowledge of employment law and experience in managing a complex caseload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build great relationships with line managers across the business
- Knowledge or previous experience of HRIS
- Competent in Office 365 including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Full UK driving license
Please contact Donna Stafford for a confidential chat at Select Recruitment Specialists today!