Our client is an independently owned food manufacturer. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Technical Manager to work alongside their Technical Manager with all customer specifications and to ensure compliance to all legal and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence.
- Be involved in maintaining and improving systems within the Technical Department.
- Ensure relevant standards, HACCP based as appropriate, are communicated, understood and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality, Legality & customer specified requirements.
- Actively involved in maintaining, meeting and developing technical KPI’s
- Be involved in specification compliance.
- Be involved in maintaining contracted services (laboratory, hygiene, pest control)
- General administration duties; compiling and tending data reports, responding to customer queries and complaints trending.
- Active involvement, assist and lead when deemed appropriate with customer visits and audits in internal, and with appropriate training external auditing,
- Active involvement in continuous processing improvements. Understanding the processing requirements of the site CCP’s, process controls, yields etc.
- Assist with factory trials and supervise projects
- Safety and legality.
- Maintaining records and documentation relating to process control.
- Liaise with PSA on site.
- Management of QA Team on site.
- Identify the training needs of both new and existing members of the QA Team.
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Previous experience within a similar Technical / QA Management role in a FMCG environment
- Working experience of HACCP, BRC & retailers code of practice
- Food Science degree would be desirable
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages