THE LABOUR MARKET STATISTICS HAVE BEEN RELEASED FOR FEBRUARY 2016 BY THE ONS
The Labour Market Statistics have been released for February 2016 by the ONS, which reveals the main points for October to December 2015. It reveals there were 31.42 million people in work, 205,000 more than for July to September 2015 and 521,000 more than for a year earlier. There were also 22.98 million people working full-time, 387,000 more than for a year earlier. 8.43 million people were working part-time, which was 134,000 more than for a year earlier.
Other main points were:
- The employment rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 who were in work) was 74.1%, the highest since comparable records began in 1971.
- There were 1.69 million unemployed people (people not in work but seeking and available to work), 60,000 fewer than for July to September 2015 and 172,000 fewer than for a year earlier.
- There were 924,000 unemployed men, 116,000 fewer than for a year earlier. There were 766,000 unemployed women, 57,000 fewer than for a year earlier.
- The unemployment rate was 5.1%, lower than for a year earlier (5.7%). The unemployment rate is the proportion of the labour force (those in work plus those unemployed) that were unemployed.
- There were 8.88 million people aged from 16 to 64 who were economically inactive (not working and not seeking or available to work), 88,000 fewer than for July to September 2015 and 172,000 fewer than for a year earlier.
- The inactivity rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 who were economically inactive) was 21.8%, lower than for a year earlier (22.3%) and only slightly higher than the record low of 21.7% last recorded for July to September 1990.
- Average weekly earnings for employees in Great Britain increased by 1.9% including bonuses and by 2.0% excluding bonuses compared with a year earlier.
“Caroline and her team took the time to listen to and fully understand our requirements. They demonstrated their understanding by presenting us with a short list of candidates all of whom could have filled the post. Thoroughly recommended for their fantastic service, thank you.”
Select Client – Google Review – Select Appointments St Albans
Second to None
“I have worked with and for ‘Select Appointments’ since Aug 1st 2017. I have nothing but absolute praise for the care and attention I have received whilst working under their ‘umbrella’. The interaction and provision of work, remuneration and holiday entitlement is in my opinion second to none, I would certainly recommend the agency to anyone with full and utmost confidence.”
Select Candidate – Google Review – Select Appointments Norwich
Best agency in Cambridge
“Select Cambridge is an excellent agency specialised in offering jobs in the Hospitality sector. The quantity and quality offered make it the best agency in Cambridge. Personally, I have had the opportunity to work with […] an excellent consultant, attentive to the details and needs of her employees. I highly recommend it for those who are considering joining this sector.”
Select Candidate – Google Review – Select Hospitality Cambridge
“I would like to thank you for your professional service to assist my company in the recruitment of a new member of the team. Your service was greatly appreciated, well explained and professionally conducted.”
Select Client – Google Review – Select Appointments Harrow
Looked After Very Well
“Select were pro-active in finding me temporary work and, as a result of one of their short-term assignments, I was called back by the same company for five weeks and then offered a six-month contract by that company. I was looked after very well by Select, administratively and in finding me work, and I am most grateful for their efforts on my behalf.”
Select Job Seeker
Bent Over Backwards
“I felt that Select bent over backwards to ensure that our vacancy was filled by the most suitable person; thank you!”
I Absolutely Love My Job
“I just wanted to pass on my sincere thanks to you and your team. I absolutely love my job and have now been made a permanent member of staff because it was such a great match to my skills. I am so glad that I came into your agency!”
Select Job Seeker
Cannot Thank Him Enough
“I am very thankful for what Select have done for me. At first, I was getting no interviews and literally no hope for any jobs. I applied to Select for an advertised job, which was in my area of expertise and my Consultant thought I was highly suitable for this job and he gave me a chance, so he put me forward. He sorted out all the interviews, communicated well with me and never left me out of sync. I cannot thank him enough for the high standard of customer service and perseverance to get me the job that I am in now!”
Select Job Seeker
Completely Understand Our Requirements
“We have been extremely happy with the service Select has given us. Our Consultant seemed to completely understand our requirements and saved us a huge amount of time putting forward the right people for our vacancies. We will definitely be using Select again!”
Changed My Life
“I am so happy you have no idea! You have helped change my life and I can now start a fresh and long lasting career. I cannot thank you enough for considering, helping and guiding me all the way through.
I will certainly be recommending you and Select recruitment to anyone I know. Thank you for everything!”
Select Job Seeker