Conference Porter

Are you looking to work on a highly respected organisation in a great working environment, where staff are valued and highly appreciated?

Our client is looking for a very well presented individual to join their team as a Conference Assistant.

The Role

The Conference Assistant is a key role in the smooth running of the event operations.
We are looking for a candidate that has a hands-on approach to work and the initiative to make this role their own. The client offers great opportunities for career progression and additional training to develop you further.

It’s mostly a Monday to Friday role, 39 working hours per week, with some evening shifts and occasional weekend work needed during busy periods – which will be offset by time in lieu.

The role is practical and site based for approximately 75% of the time and administrative, in terms of planning work and managing resources, for the remaining 25% of the time.

Main Responsibilities

• To manage and undertake the room set up and break down for all events as per clients’ specifications.
• Manage the movement of conference resources, such as whiteboards, flipcharts and microphones around the site.
• Manage the secure storage of furniture and resources, keeping a detailed log of contents at all times.
• Arranging signage for all events.
• Ensure that a consistently high standard of service is maintained across the site and that requirements match clients’ specifications.
• Undertaking the delivery of AV requirements for all events, acting as the expert on all AV requirements, advising on any maintenance or replacement needs, briefing customers on arrival and training other members of staff as required.
• Assist the Catering Department with the movement/set up of catering resources if needed.

Experience and Skills desired

• Excellent time management and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills in English and good level of literacy.
• Good IT skills, to include working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook email.
• Physical fitness as the role involves moving furniture and resources around the site. The jobholder has to be able to set up and break down meeting rooms without assistance.
• Technical knowledge or an aptitude for audio visual equipment such as microphones, portable projectors, laptops and connectors and other technology.
• Flexible availability to work occasional evening and weekend shifts during busy periods.

Salary and Benefits

• The client is offering the successful candidate a salary of £20,000 per annum.
• You will be working for a first class organisation in an excellent environment.
• Meals on duty.
• Pension scheme.
• Generous annual leave (25 days plus bank holidays).

To apply for this Conference Assistant position please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Marina Amiconi on 01865 724439 at our Oxford office.

Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted and that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.

Job Summary

Job Title Conference Porter
Location Oxon
Job Type Permanent
Salary £20k
Last Updated 30/07/2018
Reference SF41486
Apply now
Apply Now

Apply now

If this looks like the ideal job for you, we’re just going to need a couple of details.

Apply Later

Apply later

Need to give your CV a once over, or check in with your referees?
Not a problem! Pop in your email and we’ll send you a link so that you can easily find this listing later.