Up to £30k depending on experience
Select Hospitality are working in partnership with a local Steakhouse looking for an experienced Senior Sous Chef to join their existing team and work closely with the Head Chef. This is a unique opportunity to work with a multi-business venue that sits on the property of a Farm Shop, Working Farm and Zoo, as well as a Steakhouse and Tea Rooms.
This Steakhouse presents an extensive selection of British dishes and boasts their our home reared venison and beef. They provide an A La Carte dining experience, with lunch and dinner throughout the week and full traditional Sunday roast. The passion for outstanding quality and sustainable British produce, coupled with a forward-thinking approach to modern farming, is what gives this venue a unique edge.
What are we looking for?
- Experience within a grilling operation is essential, as a Grill Chef or within a venue that heavily uses grilling equipment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, completing up to 300 covers at prime time.
- Someone with a positive attitude and keen to work in a team environment, closely supporting the Head Chef.
- All our food is locally sourced, with some of our meat being cultivated and home reared. Our products are made from scratch on site – so the right person needs to have experience working with fresh food.
- Someone who can make full use of their culinary and managerial skills, in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- A leader who will fully engage with the kitchen team and help to train and develop the chefs.
- Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards, as customer satisfaction is key.
What’s in it for you?
- A good work, life balance. A guarantee of two consecutive days off in a row and a half day on Sundays! Plus the guarantee of Christmas Day to 27th December off too.
- A competitive salary, with opportunity to achieve bonuses and benefits.
- The chance to work in a very unique venue, on the grounds with a Farm Shop, Farm and Zoo – not many chefs can say walking past crocodiles is a part of their day to day routine!
- Equal share of service and gratuities, on a pro rata basis.
Transport may be required depending on your location. This is an ideal position if you’re based in the Huntingdon / Peterborough area.
If you’re interested in this opportunity then please apply now, with an up to date CV, or contact Kaylee at Select Appointments.